At some point in your life, you may end up needing protection for your eyes. It doesn’t matter if you face direct sunlight or not, there are some lighting conditions that are harsh on the eyes.
So how can we protect our eyes?
Well, one of the best ways is by wearing glasses.
So, what eye protection is best for you while you work in your indoor garden? There are many glasses on the market today that make claims of being able to protect the eyes while you are in a grow room. Of course, some of these products are ineffective, but there are some really good products out there.
Of all the good ones we came across, we believe that the glasses reviewed in this article are some of the best models on the market today.
Regardless of the lighting conditions in your grow room, or the amount of UV light that your eyes are exposed to while you work in your indoor garden, we are sure that there will be a product here for you to consider. You may consider using a quality PAR meter to check the amount of light your plants are getting.
Best Grow Room UV Glasses
All grow room glasses are not equal and these Method Seven LED Glasses are certainly superior to many. Because of how they are designed, you will not have to worry about eye fatigue or eye strain while you wear them.
With these glasses, you won’t have to squint anymore. Plus, the lenses are designed so you will have a very good view of anything you look at. As a bonus, there is even a microfiber pouch that you can use to clean the glasses when they get dirty.
· 100% UV protection
· Optimized for LED lighting
· Color corrective lenses
· Eliminates distortion
· Silver coating
· Shields the eyes from excess light
· Comes with microfiber spectrum art pouch that doubles as a lens cleaner
· They shield the eye from harmful UV rays
· They are color correcting so you will not have a distorted view
· The silver coating on the lens provides a reflective surface against any light
· They fit very comfortably on the face so you won’t feel any discomfort
They are expensive
Method Seven is well known for their grow room glasses, and this version is one of the best on the market today. Yes, these glasses are a bit pricey, but they are also quite durable and the clarity and protection that they offer is truly spectacular. If you are looking for glasses which are durable enough to last you for a very long time, but effective enough to protect your eyes, make sure you put these ones on your list of options.
If you don’t have a big budget to work with but you are looking for glasses that are just as effective as those expensive versions, make sure you check out these Apollo AHFR Grow Room Glasses.
They are able to prevent a lot of glare from all types of lights and they block UV rays that can cause damage to your eyes. Most of all, it is a very affordable product. You won’t have to break the bank to purchase it, and it is still very durable.
· Reduces eyestrain even in low lights
· Alleviates glares and blocks UV rays
· Meets CSA Z94.3 and ANSI Z87 safety standards
· Suitable for using in MH & HPS lighting
· Doesn’t prevent clear vision
· Limited 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
· You can use it to protect your eyes in various types of lighting
· It offers protection from UV rays
· It will not limit your vision while you wear it
· It meets several safety standards so it is very safe for use
It may not provide color correction in certain types of lighting
Affordable, functional and durable are all very accurate terms that you can use to describe these glasses. It is a very good product for you to use while you work in your indoor garden regardless of the type of lighting that you use.
Another great thing about these glasses is that you get a 90-day money-back guarantee if they do not meet your expectations.
Wearing glasses in your grow room is very important and these Grow1 GRUVE LED Glasses can help protect your eyes. LED lighting can have a very negative effect on your eyes, and these glasses are very effective in preventing this type of damage.
In addition to this, you can use them to reduce eye fatigue. Squinting will be a thing of the past once you wear them. Plus, they will not distort your vision as they allow you to have a very clear view of your surroundings while wearing them.
· Reduces exposure to harmful rays
· Increases eye comfort in different types of lighting
· Offers UV protection
· Very good fit for many face types
· Provides a very clear view of your surroundings
· Prevents eye fatigue
· It protects your eyes against UV radiation which can be harmful
· Your view of the surroundings will not be impeded while you wear them
· You can use it in different types of lighting and still get protection
· It fits many face types very well
It may not be able to color correct in some types of lighting
If you want to prevent discomfort in your eyes and lessen eye fatigue, these glasses are a great option for you. They are not expensive and they are made from very durable materials so they can last for a very long time.
Growing plants in a hydroponic environment can take a toll on your eyes, but these glasses can prevent all that devastating damage. They have an anti-glare coat on the lens and they provide a very clear image of your surroundings.
More importantly, you can use them in different light settings as they protect the eyes from UVA and UVB rays, plus much more. the design of the glasses also makes them very comfortable to wear.
The wraparound design even extends the protection that they offer your eyes, as well as the comfort level.
· Interchangeable lenses
· Daylight spectrum vision
· Wraparound design
· Durable construction
· 100% UVA and UVB protection
· Superior optics for higher level of comfort
· It has a very sturdy frame so it should last for a very long time
· It offers protection against UVB and UVA
· Because of the design, it fits very comfortably on your face
· You can use it in many different types of lighting
· You can change the lenses and put different ones in
It doesn’t offer color correction in all types of lighting
Protective and stylish are just two ways to describe these glasses. With their incredible design and durable construction, your eyes will remain protected, no matter what type of lighting you have in your indoor garden.
You can even change the lenses that you purchase in these glasses so you can get protection from other types of lighting.
Do you want to protect your eyes from all angles? You should try these Apollo UV400 LED indoor Grow Room Glasses. They have a wraparound design that helps them fit around your face comfortably as well as give your eyes more protection.
As the name suggests, you will receive a lot of protection from UV rays while wearing these glasses, but it also protects your eyes in many other types of lighting.
· Optimal eye protection under various types of lighting
· Green lenses
· Meets CSA Z94.3 and ANSI Z87 safety standards
· 100% UV protection
· All-round eye protection from wraparound design
· Does not obstruct view
· Limited 1-year warranty
· The design of the glasses helps it to protect your eyes from all angles
· It offers eye protection in various types of lighting
· Your view will not be hindered while you wear the glasses.
· It reduces glare
· It reduces eye strain and eye fatigue
You cannot wear them on top of your prescription glasses
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get glasses that can protect your eyes while you work in your indoor garden; these very well-designed and effective glasses are proof of that.
They reduce eye strain, prevent eye fatigue and protect your eye in all sorts of lighting.
What Is UV Light?
Most people are aware that UV light can cause skin cancer and put on sunscreen lotion when they are out side. What they are not aware of is UV light can damage their eyes and should take measures to protect them as well.
How does UV light affect eyes?
UV light can damage your eyes, affect vision and your overall eye health. The following conditions could happen as a result of UV exposure:
- Macular Degeneration. Macular Degeneration (AMD) is caused by damage to the retina over time and is the leading cause of age-related blindness. Extended exposure to UV light increases your risk of developing macular degeneration.
- Cataracts. A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s natural lens -- the part of the eye that focuses the light we see. UV light, especially UV-B rays, increases your risk for certain types of cataracts. It is estimated that 10% of all cataract cases are directly attributable to UV exposure.
- Pterygium. Often called “surfer’s eye,” pterygium is a pink, non-cancerous growth that forms on the layer of conjunctiva over the white of your eye. UV light from the sun is believed to be a factor in the development of these growths.
- Photokeratitis. Also known as corneal sunburn or “snow blindness,” photokeratitis is the result of high short-term exposure to UV-B rays. Long hours at the beach or skiing without proper eye protection can cause this problem. It can be very painful and may cause temporary vision loss.
Who is at Risk?
Anyone that doesn't protect against UV light. If you are not using eye protection while attending your indoor garden try to minimized your exposure. Some things you can do are to turn off your LED lights off while you are in the room.
For some this not an option and the only choice is you roll the dice or buy UV eye protective glasses. Glasses are cheap compared to what could happen if you don't protect yourself.
With so many amazing options, it is difficult to select one product that is totally superior in quality all around.
However, if we had to choose one set of glasses, it would have to be the Happy Hydro Grow Room Glasses. Why?
It has a very unique feature—the interchangeable lenses. Since you can change the lenses to get protection from other types of lighting, and the glasses are not very expensive, this product seems to be one step ahead of the others.